Even on Christmas, here’s a small update for you.
I disassembled the chassis and sand-blasted all parts, which need to get painted. I use spray-paints from Metaflux, wich I dry in the oven at 80°C for about 30 minutes. I’ve a small oven in my workshop, for larger parts as the frame or boiler, I’ve to use our regular kitchen oven. I’m happy that my wife has no issues with that.
Once the loco was assembled again, I installed the steam valves and pipes.
Since the gas-part is still missing, I did some test runs with air. Before I’ll steam-up the loco for the first time, I’ll spend some special attention to the loco, as long as the paint is fresh and clean.