another week has passed. Once the electrical stuff was done, I gave the rails an airbrush weathering and spend a light grey dry-brush to the sleepers.
To raise the hills, I glued some layers of foam (used for house insulation) to the layout and cut them to shape. I use a wire-brush in the power-drill, which makes fast progress, but a dirty mess.
Once the foam is in shape, I add plaster, which just started to set. I spread it with my fingers and “massage” the plaster into the foam and landscape. Once dry, the whole module get’s a coat with acrylic paint in earth-blend. Now the module is ready for ballast and scenery.
More to some next week.